|KERALA STATE ELECTRONICS DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LTD.
CONDUCT DISCIPLINE & APPEAL RULES 1986
Rule 1. SHORT TITLE AND COMMENCEMENT
( i) These Rules may be called the Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation Ltd. Conduct,
Discipline and Appeal Rules, 1986.
( ii) They shall come into force with effect from 23.07.1986.
Rule 2. APPLICATION
These Rules shall apply to all employees including these on contract service but excluding these who are covered by the standing orders of the Corporation framed under the Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act 1946, as amended from time to time.
Rule 3. DEFINITIONS
In these Rules, unless the Context otherwise requires:
( a) ‘EMPLOYEE’ means any person employed in the Corporation other than the persons engaged on casual/ temporary basis and those who are covered under the standing orders framed under the Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946, as amended from time to time.
(b) ‘CORPORATION’ means the Kerala State Electronics Development Corporation Ltd., which expression shall include all its factories, Head Office and other Administrative Offices as well as Sales and Service Offices, Sub-offices, Branches, Work sites and Construction sites now in existence and those which may be established in future and wherever situated. The term ‘Corporation’ for the purpose of these Rules shall also include Electronic Research and Development Centre formed under the Travancore Scientific and Charitable Societies Act.
(c) ‘BOARD’ means the Board of Directors of the Corporation and includes any Committee thereof.
(d) ‘Chairman’ means the Chairman of the Corporation.
(e) ‘Managing Director’ means the Managing Director of the Corporation.
(f) ‘Competent Authority’ means the Managing Director or any authority or authorities so designated by
the Managing Director by formal Office Orders from time to time.
(g) ‘Inquiring Authority’ means any person or persons empowered by the Competent authority from time
to time under these Rules to enquire into misconduct.
(h) ‘Government’ means the State Government.
(i) ‘Appellate Authority’ means the Chairman where the Managing Director is the Competent authority. In other cases where the competent authority is an authority so designated by the Managing Director by a formal Office Order, the Managing Director shall be the appellate authority.
(j) ‘Premises’ means the factory buildings, the corporate Head Office, Administrative buildings, ancillary offices and other Administrative Offices, branches, Sales and service centers, godowns, warehouses, showrooms, stores and such other premises of the Corporation including the ER & DC, whether situated in India or abroad, whether at present existing or that may be established in future which are used for transacting any business of the Corporation and include vacant places, adjacent or appertinent to the Corporation and shall include estate and vehicles of the Corporation.
Rule 4. GENERAL
Every employee shall at all times (i) maintain absolute integrity (ii) maintain devotion to duty; and (iii) conduct himself in a manner condusive to the best interests of the Corporation and shall do nothing which is unbecoming of an employee or is prejudicial to the interest of the Corporation.
Rule 5. MISCONDUCT
Without prejudice to the generality of the term ‘misconduct’ the following acts of omission and commission shall be treated as misconducts.
(1) Theft, fraud or dishonesty or breach of trust or misappropriation in connection with the business or property of the Corporation, or of property of any other person within the premises of the Corporation or of the property of any of the Organisation sponsored by the Corporation.
(2) Taking or giving bribe or any illegal gratification, or indulging in corrupt practices.
(3) Possession of pecuniary resources or property disproportionate to the known sources of income by the employee or on his behalf by other person, which the employee cannot satisfactorily account for.
(4) Furnishing false information regarding name, age, father’s name, qualifications, ability or previous service or any other matter germane to the employment at the time of employment or during the course of employment.
(5) Willful insubordination or disobedience, whether or not in combination with others, of any lawful and reasonable order of his superior, willful negligence in discharge of his duties, or commission of any act subversive of discipline or of good behaviour.
(6) Absence without leave or over-staying the sanctioned leave for more than seven consecutive days without sufficient grounds or proper or satisfactory explanation.
(7) Habitual late or irregular attendance.
(8) Neglect of work or negligence in the performance of duty including malignering or slowing down of work.
(9) Damage to any property of the Corporation.
(10) Interference or tampering with any safety devices installed or violating the safety or environmental regulations in or about the premises of the Corporation.
(11) Drunkenness or riotous or disorderly or indecent behaviour in the premises of the Corporation or outside such premises where such behaviour is related to or connected with, the employment of the employee.
(12) Gambling within the premises of the Corporation.
(13) Smoking within the premises of the Corporation where it is prohibited or spitting in any place other than spittoons provided for that purpose or using any part of the premises as urinals, latrine, bathrooms etc. , other than the places provided for the said purposes.
(14) Collection without permission of the competent authority of any money within the premises of the Corporation except as sanctioned by any law of the land for the time being in force or rules of the Corporation.
(15) Sleeping while on duty.
(16) Commission of any act which amounts to a criminal offence involving
(17) Absence from employee’s appointed place of work without permission or sufficient cause.
(18) Purchasing properties, machinery, stores, etc. from or selling properties, machinery , stores etc. to the Corporation without express permission in writing from the competent authority.
(19) Commission of any act subversive of discipline or of good behaviour.
(20) Sub-letting or unauthorised use of the Corporation’s quarters/ accommodation taken on lease by the Corporation without the permission of the management.
(21) Mis-use of any amenity provided by the Corporation.
(22) Participation and / or inciting others to participate, in strikes, geraos, go-slow and similar other agitational activities, or abetting, inciting instigating or acting in furtherance thereof.
(23) Unauthorised custody and use of the Corporation’s equipment, tools, accommodation taken on lease by the Corporation/ Corporation quarters, offices, godowns, land or any other property of the Corporation.
(24) Falsification of/ tampering with any records in the custody of the Corporation, impersonation or forgery.
(25) Making representations to persons or bodies outside the Corporation, whether official or otherwise, on matters connected with the affairs of the Corporation or any grievances against the management.
(26) Making representation or sending grievance petitions to the members of the Board of Directors or the Senior Management officers except through proper channel.
(This does not prevent submission of appeals to the prescribed
Appellate Authority under these rules).
(27) Attending or holding meetings other than in the course of duty within the Corporation’s premises without prior written permission of the competent Authority.
(28) Distribution or exhibition of any newspapers, handbills, pamphlets etc.
(29) Deliberately making any false statement before a superior knowing it to be false.
(30) Proxy registering of attendance or abetting in the act of registering attendance of another employee.
(31) Spreading or encouraging casteism, regionalism or communalism.
(32) Abetment of or attempt of abetment of, any act which amounts to misconduct.
(33) Insubordination or disobedience, whether alone, or in combination with other or others.
(34) Conviction by any Court of law for economic offences.
(35) Engaging in any trade, money lending or any other activity, or attending to any work other than his allotted work within the Corporations premises.
(36) Engaging in any trade, business or other commercial in activity or accepting employment under any other person, firm, company or other organisation outside his hours of work during the tenure of service with the Corporation without the permission of the management.
(37) Any other act or omission which could be classified as misconduct or by which management loses confidence in the employee.
Note:- The above instances of misconduct are illustrative in nature
and not exhaustive.