He is a graduate in Electronics and Communications Engineering (in 1971) and joined Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre in 1971. His area of specialization is Avionics System Integration and Testing. He was responsible for mission planning and execution of PSLV launches and also functioned as Project Director, GSLV Mk-III. He was a member of Mission Readiness Review Board for ISRO Launch Vehicle missions.
He was the chairman of Aeronautical Society of India-Trivandrum Branch for the period 2005-06 and 2006-07. He is a Fellow of Aeronautical Society of India and System Society of India. Considering his excellent Contribution towards System Design and Electrical Integration of India’s Satellite Launch Vehicle Programme, he was awarded the Space Gold Medal 2000 by Astronautical Society of India. Aeronautical Society of India awarded Dr.Biren Roy Space Science and /or Design Award for the year 2005 for his contribution towards development of Satellite Launch Vehicles. He is the recipient of ISRO Performance Merit Award for the year 2006 and ISRO Performance Excellence Award for the year 2011.
- Chairman & Managing Director, KSEDC from February 2021.
- Chairman, KSEDC from March 2019.
- Board of Director, KSEDC from 15-02-2012 to 01-09-2016.
- Project Director for PSLV
- Project Director GSL Mk-III
- Member-mission Readiness Board for all ISRO Launch Vehicle Mission
- Associated Director- VSSC
- Chief Executive-Human Space flight programme.
- Chairman, Aeronautical Society of India, Trivandrum branch from 2005-2006 & 2006-2007.
- Senior Advisor launch vehicle-VSSC
- Space gold medal 2000 by Astronautical Society of India
- Biren Roy Space Science and /or design award for the year 2005 for his contribution towards the development of satellite launch vehicles.
- Recipient of ISRO performance merit award for the year 2006.
- ISRO performance excellence award for the year 2011.